The Annual Fund
Extraordinary Support for All Longy Programs
Through a gift to the Annual Fund, you can help inspire Longy students at every level and transform their lives. Every contribution is an important investment in the lives of the musicians of today who will become the artists of tomorrow.
What is the Annual Fund?
Your invaluable contribution to Longy’s Annual Fund will support Longy programs with the most urgent need. Your gift could help Longy meet day-to-day operating expenses, thereby enriching our learning environment and maintaining a balanced budget. It can help fund our scholarship programs or support our free concerts. Here are just a few examples of the ways your Annual Fund gift helps:
- Producing free concerts
- Scholarships for conservatory students
- Music lessons for children
- Family Series performances
- Enrichment classes for seniors
- Faculty support
- Library acquisitions
- Upkeep of Pickman Hall and classrooms
- Care of pianos and other instruments
Ways to Give
We are several ways to make a gift to Longy:
- Cash. Simply mail a check to the address listed below. Please use this form when mailing in your check.
- Credit Cards. You can make a gift with your credit card right now by clicking here
- Gifts of Stock. By transferring your stock to Longy, rather than selling it and writing us a check, you can avoid paying some or all capital gains taxes and reduce your reportable income.
- IRAs. Congress has once again made possible a gift through your IRA. Click here for more information and to see if you are eligible.
- Planned Gifts. Planned Gifts including bequests through your will, charitable remainder trusts, and retained life estates. To request more information about planned gifts click here.
- Named Annual Scholarship. A Named Annual Scholarship can be established with a gift of $5,000 or more. You will receive the name of the student who is supported by your gift, a thank-you letter from your student, and updates about his/her academic progress, and an invitation to our Annual Scholarship Dinner. Please note: this is not an endowed gift and will only be awarded in the years that you choose to support your scholarship at $5,000 or more.
Longy School of Music of Bard College prepares musicians to make a difference in the world. We teach students of all ages to be both extraordinary musicians and exemplary human beings, challenging them to find new ways to change the world through music. During these challenging times when so many worthy organizations need your help, please consider supporting an institution that lifts our spirits! Click here to make a gift.
To send a gift or receive more information please contact Institutional Advancement at 617.876.0956 x1618.